Subject: RE: eIDAS Query - Interpretation of Article 45f(2)
From: "Rachel O'Neill \(CCS\)" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,Riigi Infosüsteemi Amet, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <
Cc: "Jason Furness \(CCS\)" <[email-masked]>, "Jennie McBride \(CCS\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2026 12:17:09 +0300

You don't often get email from [email-masked].
<https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification> Learn why this is
important

E-kiri saadeti väljastpoolt RIA-t. Kui Sa ei tunne saatjat, siis ära ava
linke ega manuseid!

Colleagues,

Many thanks to those of you who have responded already.

Just a gentle reminder on the deadline.

Míle buíochas,
Rachel

Rachel O’Neill, Acting Assistant Principal (she/her)

Electronic Communications Policy and Regulation Section

An Roinn Cultúir, Cumarsáide agus Spóirt

Department of Culture, Communications and Sport

Teach Tom Johnson, Bóthar Haddington, D04K7X4

Tom Johnson House, Haddington Road, D04K7X4

——

M +353 87 064 1066   T +353 (0)1 67800

From: Rachel O'Neill (CCS)
Sent: Friday 5 June 2026 11:34
To: [email-masked]' <[email-masked]>;
[email-masked]' <[email-masked]>;
[email-masked]' <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]' <[email-masked]>;
[email-masked]' <[email-masked]>;
[email-masked]' <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]'
<[email-masked]>; [email-masked]' <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]'
<[email-masked]>; [email-masked]'
<[email-masked]>; [email-masked]' <[email-masked]>;
[email-masked]' <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]'
<[email-masked]>; [email-masked]' <[email-masked]>;
[email-masked]' <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]' <[email-masked]>;
[email-masked]' <[email-masked]>;
[email-masked]' <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]' <[email-masked]>;
[email-masked]' <[email-masked]>;
[email-masked]' <[email-masked]>;
[email-masked]' <[email-masked]>;
[email-masked]' <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]'
<[email-masked]>; [email-masked]' <[email-masked]>;
[email-masked]' <[email-masked]>
Cc: Jason Furness (CCS) <[email-masked]>; Jennie McBride
(CCS) <[email-masked]>
Subject: eIDAS Query - Interpretation of Article 45f(2)

Colleagues,

I hope you’re well. My name is Rachel O’Neill, a colleague of Jennie
McBride who I know has been in touch with you recently around your
implementation of eIDAS2. I am responsible for the implementation of the
trust services aspect of eIDAS and I had a query regarding your
interpretation of Article 45(f)(2).

2. The Member State where public sector bodies referred to in Article 3,
point (46), are established shall ensure that the public sector bodies
that issue electronic attestations of attributes meet a level of
reliability and trustworthiness equivalent to qualified trust service
providers in accordance with Article 24.

My question is are you interpreting these electronic attestations of
attributes from a public body responsible for an authentic source as being
supervised by the supervisory body for trust services?

The reason I ask is because it’s not clear to us if the supervision of
these specific EAAs comes under the remit of the supervisory body for
trust services since Member States must ensure the level of reliability
and trustworthiness of them is equivalent to QTSPs. Our approach would be
to ensure that they must reach the same level as QTSPs but it’s not clear
if the supervisory body of trust services in Ireland would then be
supervising the public body or not.

I would appreciate any advice you can offer on how you are interpreting
this article by close of business on Friday 19th June.

Enjoy the weekend!

Míle buíochas,
Rachel

Rachel O’Neill, Acting Assistant Principal (she/her)

Electronic Communications Policy and Regulation Section

An Roinn Cultúir, Cumarsáide agus Spóirt

Department of Culture, Communications and Sport

Teach Tom Johnson, Bóthar Haddington, D04K7X4

Tom Johnson House, Haddington Road, D04K7X4

——

M +353 87 064 1066   T +353 (0)1 67800